I have felt the pain of the monster called PB, and I am not impressed.
Warning for possible TMI ahead!
Tuesday morning I went to visit my surgeon for an assessment, and he decided to up my fill level as the last top up had not really done much. He added 1.25ml, which took me to a nice round 7ml all up (in a 10ml band). I had a glass of water, went down fine, everything was hunky-dory. He mentioned that a was "a small person" so it could take as much as 9ml before I was at my sweet spot.
I played it safe with quiche for lunch, chewed the bejeebus out of it, and had no troubles at all. Fast forward to dinner however- we have a friend staying will us for the next 2 weeks before she goes on a big holiday, and she does not know about my surgery. Hubby picked up yummy Indian food for dinner, and I served myself half a bowl just of the meat (chicken) and sauce (no rice). I ate what I thought was slowly and with (apparently) small bites. Everything seemed to be going so well! After a while, I got a strange feeling at the back of my throat, and in my chest. I excused myself to the bathroom and proceeded to feel the most uncomfortable I have ever been. I knew something must be stuck, but couldn't lodge it. Long story short (too late!), after a good 15-20 minutes of sliming and walking around the bathroom trying to get comfortable, my dinner came up. Twice.
I tell you what, that is not something I want to repeat in a hurry! I had some leftovers tonight, and I was so careful! I took the teeniest tiny bites and chewed like my life depended on it! It took quite a long time to eat, but at least it stayed down!
So there you have it, my first - and hopefully last - PB experience!

I had a similar experience with Indian too!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry! PB's are the worst. <3
ReplyDeletePBing is horrible. My first experience was out at a very nice sushi dinner with my mom and husband. The restaurant only had 1 bathroom per sex. I ran into the men's room but had to go back multiple times. It took an hour before it was over. Such a trauma! But I am confused, aren't you on a reduced diet after a fill? My surgeon requires 2 days of liquids followed my 2 days of mushies after a fill! Maybe this was just a bit too much food while your body was adjusting to your new fill level.
ReplyDeleteIt is something I hate, but it happens. I have come learn that it will never go away with good restriction. I am four years out and I have to be very mindful when I eat, I that last bite will get me every time.
ReplyDeleteDear lord, you avoided the rice and STILL PB'd? There should be a law against that. Welcome to the club, though!
ReplyDeleteNot one of the best parts about having this band.
ReplyDeleteOMGSH! See now this is something I am not looking forward too... *shuddering*
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to experience that. It's no fun!
ReplyDeleteIt happens to us all, hopefully not too often, a fill can easily catch you off guard :o)
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing. I still remember my first stuck moment, it was just horrific. I hope it's your last PB too!
ReplyDeleteI hope it's your last but I wouldn't count on it. I probably PB once every month or so and it's almost always user error. No fun.
ReplyDeleteyucky!!! This is bound to happen to me one day!! Your dr doesn't require liquids for a few days after a fill??
ReplyDelete