Thanks to everyone for your kind words on my last post. I'm doing ok, thinking about it less which is good I guess, and trying to move on. I've been back to boot camp this week, which was great to feel like I was actually doing something other than eat! It has been hard to get back into "band eating" mode after our holiday, where I ate like a normal person most of the time. My husband and sister were the only people who knew about my band on our whole holiday, so I was trying to stay inconspicuous. It must have worked though! No strange looks from anyone or funny comments.
I did take hubby to boot camp on Friday, it was really interesting to see how he went. See, he plays squash and swims, but he has never done anything resembling boot camp. He had to take a break at one point to avoid throwing up, and afterwards he said to me "You do this and then go to work??" (He had the day off). I think he has a new respect for my fitness, even though he beats me at just about everything else athletic!
Nothing much else to report at the moment, I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I haven't lost any weight since last time so will be interesting to see if he recommends an adjustment. I'm almost tempted to ask for one as I have been getting hungrier and have been eating more than usual, (not to mention that I've not budged on the scales), but then every now and then I'm reminded that my band is there and it isn't comfortable. I will see what he decides.
Anyway, I'm procrastinating. I have people coming for afternoon tea in an hour and we don't have anywhere to sit yet! Better go clear off the dining table.

No comments:
Post a Comment