Sunday, 8 May 2011
I don't DO mornings.
I detest mornings. Especially if I have to set my alarm! I know that sounds odd, but I'll explain a little. I'm a shift worker (hmmm... Freudian slip, I just typed Shit Worker). When I am on any shift except Day shift, I don't set an alarm. My body seems to know when it has had the right amount of sleep, and wakes me up around about the same time each day. However, when I do a day shift, I need to set an alarm or I would just keep sleeping.
So WTF was I doing awake, dressed and ready to leave the house this morning at 615am? This:
That's right. Yours truly participated in the local Mothers Day Walk/Run. Hubby and I walked all 5.5k at a brisk pace (and tried to ignore the fact we were getting overtaken by people pushing prams). Oh and a Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers and Grandmothers out there, including the parents to Fur Babies.
It went pretty well, even if Hubby kept checking to make sure we weren't the very last people. We weren't but even if we came dead last I would not have cared. I hauled my ass out of bed at sparrow fart and exercised, that is an achievement in itself!
Oh and I thought of another Future NSV - I miss my collarbones! When I was at my very skinniest (although still obese by BMI standards) I could look in the mirror and stare at my collarbones all day. I'd never seen them before and they fascinated me. Does anyone else try different poses in the mirror to try and make them stand out more? No? Me either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Actually, now you mention it......I farking love my collarbones to death now!!!! I hadn't seen mine for many, many years :) Good work on doing the walk today....well done!!
ReplyDeleteI know what shift work is like so way to go getting up for a walk/run this morning. As far as the collarbone thing.....I am not sure I have one..lol. Maybe one day it will show itself. Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDelete