I have no idea where the time has gone! Well, actually I do, but it has gone so quickly that I have already fallen behind in my blogging and I've only been doing it for a few weeks! I resolve to be a more conscientious blogger.
So anyhow, settle in and get comfortable, we got ourselves some catchin' up to do! I might even splurge on some subtitles!
Round and around
Last weekend, hubby and I were in a team that participated in a charity fundraiser. We essentially helped carry a baton around a track for the best part of 18 hours. I won't name the event here in case I pop up in random searches, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! I was really pleased with my contribution to the efforts, although I didn't do as much as others (um... hubby), I did walk over 15kms. I also came to the conclusion that I need new shoes! After only the first 10 laps or so, my feet were absolutely killing me, in the same spot on both feet. Peculiar, and unfortunately only the beginning. Also, we raised a bunch of money!
Emergency clothes shopping
I have to admit, this week snuck up on me. I have known for a couple of months that I was going away to a conference/meeting (see next subtitle), however it wasn't until last week that I actually read the part of the information letter that said "dress code smart casual". Now, the problem is that I live in a warm area. The conference was in a cold area. I don't own cold area clothes! So Sunday afternoon (no, I don't leave things to the last minute, why do you ask?), I rushed out to buy stuff. It was an interesting experience. On the up side, the shop I ended up in had 40% off (yay!), on the down side, finding pants to fit me was a pain! How is it that I fit (barely) into just one pair of 8 pairs of pants that were all the same size? Surely "size" should mean that someone buying that "size" should be able to fit into them all? Well, it would in my ideal world. I can't wait to live there.
Fly me to the moon
So insanely early on Monday morning (otherwise known as Sparrow Fart), I hauled my sleep deprived ass out of bed to catch a plane. As previously mentioned, I am not a Morning Person, so this was a major effort for me. Thankfully, there was an empty seat next to me, as this particular airline seats seemed particularly skinny. To cut things short, I had a fantastic time at the conference, met some lovely people and I'm really hoping I can convince the bosses to let me go next year. It was held at a really, really nice resort with an equally spectacular day spa attached. I took the opportunity to sneak in a massage at said spa when there were a few free hours. Spec. Tac. Ular. My post massage glow was temporarily disrupted when I got to the airport for my return flight. I had been allocated... wait for it.....a middle seat. I can not remember the last time I sat in the middle, as I'm usually able to check in far enough ahead to avoid it. However, as this flight was booked for me I didn't have this opportunity. Lucky for me, there was a very understanding lovely lady at the bag drop counter who moved me! Not only did I get an aisle seat, but she put me next to the only empty seat on the plane! Bless her cotton socks. I was very grateful, especially when I could feel the armrests rise up when my legs spilled underneath them.
I think that is enough for now, I'm starting to fade. Tonight is "stay awake for as long as possible in order to sleep all day tomorrow before night shift" night.
Oh! One more thing. The lovely Sam has nominated me for a blog makeover from Just Foolin' Blog Designs! It would be fabulous if anyone feeling generous could go over and drop Jen a line to vote for me (and for Sam too!).
Goodnight internet!




omg, I dread flying. I haven't ever had to ask for a seat belt extender or anything (but one time it was close) .. but I always see soooo many negative comments on news stories and whatnot, that I have dreaded it these last few years. I'm glad your experience was awesome, and I wish I had a job that could/would send me places :) Welcome back to blog land!
ReplyDelete